“Threads Count – Textiles, Technology & Tales” is a juried fiber arts exhibition validating the advancement of civilization, culture, and community through fiber works that expose the application of innovations in art and science while also creatively expressing the thoughtful tales and ties that bind us together. Balancing aesthetics and utility, fiber art creators manifest meaningful stories with stitches, advocate through Craftivism, and empower inclusion by making efficient and / or exquisite objects that educate, unify, and inspire. Seasoned or newer creations welcome and open to all fiber arts media.
Enter at https://uniqueasyou.submittable.com/submit
If entering via a tablet or phone, Dropbox is required.
Entry Deadline: September 15, 2017 at 9 PM (extended!)
Artwork Delivery: Before September 23, 2017
Exhibit Dates: October 6 – November 25, 2017
Opening Reception: Oct 6, 2017
First Friday Art Walk Sequim Receptions: October 6, 2017 and November 3, 2017
North Olympic Fiber Arts Festival – FiberArtsFestival.org
The “Threads Count” exhibition is a component of the 12th Annual North Olympic Fiber Arts Festival on Oct 6 – 8, 2017 at the Sequim Museum & Arts at 175 West Cedar St., Sequim WA 98382. Many fiber arts events and exhibitions happen throughout the months of September, October, and November on the Olympic Peninsula that are partnerships with the North Olympic Fiber Arts Festival.
Prospectus – Please read carefully!
- All formats of fiber art will be considered, including wall-hung, free-standing, or pedestal mounted. Entries must be original and must not be copied, derivatives, or based on other copyrighted or published work. All skill levels welcome.
- Include the dimensions and weight of your work with each entry.
- Maximum of three art entries per artist. $15 entry fee per artist.
- Please submit each piece of artwork entry together and pay for the $15 entry fee.
- Collaborations are encouraged. $15 entry fee per artist. Each artist must enter separately and include each artist’s name, contact info, and artist statement along with information about the collaborative art piece. A collection of different pieces of art that are curated together are not considered one piece of art.
• Requirements of Artwork Images Files -Dimensions: At least, 1024 pixels horizontal or 1024 pixels vertical. File Format: JPG. File Name: JPG file names should include the Artist’s Name and correct file name extension, example: ArtistNameArtwork1.jpg
• Please include in the online entry the following information: Artist’s Name, Address, Phone number, Email, Website (optional) and Social Media Links (optional), Title, Date of work, Height, Width, Depth, Weight, Medium, wall hung or free standing, Sale price/NFS, Narrative Description of Artwork (200 characters or less.) and a brief Artist Statement (200 characters or less.)
• Entries will be juried from digital files.
• Work must be ready to hang and must be less than 60 inches x 60 inches. This limit is based on the wall sizes at the museum. Some exceptions for wearable art and outstanding works. Hanging work may not exceed 50 pounds. Freestanding work that exceeds 50 pounds must be delivered and installed by the artist.
• Work with glass or ceramics must be hand delivered. Work with plexiglass may be shipped.
• Sequim Museum & Arts reserves the right to refuse any work that does not match the sent jpeg image. The NOFAF Director may remove pieces that do not fit the Sequim Museum and Arts Exhibit Policy, or that are not up to the hanging standards provided in this document.
• A notification letter will be emailed to all.
• Works can be hand delivered or shipped. Delivery and shipping instructions will be emailed with the notification.
• Artists are responsible for all shipping and handling costs to and from the exhibition.
• Each shipped entry must be packaged in a reusable container for the return of work.
• Shipped entries must have pre-paid return shipping labels. UPS or USPS return shipping preferred.
• Unsold shipped entries will be returned at the close of exhibit.
Liability, Sales, and Promotion
• Every reasonable precaution will be taken during the receiving, installation, exhibition, and return of work, but no representative of the Sequim Museum & Arts will assume responsibility for loss or damage incurred. Artists should carry their own insurance. Work should not be so fragile that shipment or public display is potentially harmful to the work or the viewer.
• Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work, alter the work or the sales price, nor withdraw the work after it has been accepted.
• Unless specified NFS, it is assumed that all work is for sale. The Sequim Museum & Arts receives a 30% commission of the sale price.
• Sequim Museum & Arts reserves the right to photograph entries for the purposes of documentation, education and publicity.
• Artists are encouraged to attend receptions and be part of the festival.
North Olympic Fiber Arts Festival Director, Exhibition Juror and Curator
Renne Emiko Brock – Award winning artist, educator, and Arts advocate promoting the importance of creative education and community participation in the arts and sciences that are active and inclusive. Owner of unique as you and Peninsula College faculty.
To cover costs of exhibition rental and marketing, each artist entry is $15.00. An artist may enter up to three entries. Payment will go through Renne’s business, unique as you. For collaborative works, please submit an entry for each individual artist with information about the artwork and pay the $15 entry fee per artist.
Enter at https://uniqueasyou.submittable.com/submit